Your home is always at risk of attracting burglars and unwanted intruders. Installing security systems, deadbolts and window locks are all strong deterrents, however there are simple actions you can take to ensure your home stays safe and secure.
Security tips for your home
- Reduce temptation by removing valuables from anywhere they can be seen from the outside.
- Be cautious when allowing people into your home as it may give them the opportunity to scan your possessions and level of security.
- If you are talking to friends about your possessions be careful who is listening.
Secure your home to prevent intruders
- Install a good alarm system and display it’s presence with a sign or sticker.
- Thieves are less likely to try and enter a house with an alarm in place.
- Invest in bright outside lighting and sensor lights.
- A motion detector is a great way to detect a quiet, would-be burglar
- Ensure deadbolts or deadlocks are on all doors and locks or bars on windows.
- Use padlocks on your gates and sheds
- Display a ‘Beware of Dog’ sticker, even if you don’t have a dog
Ensure your garden is maintained; an overgrown garden is a great place for thieves to hide if you go away:
- Ask a trusted neighbour or friend to empty your letterbox, bring in your bins and keep an eye on your place.
- Install a timer to automatically switch on your inside lights and a radio.
- Consider asking a friend to house-sit or make use of a reputable house-sitting service.
TopLock is the key to your security!
It’s a good idea to have a reputable company to handle your locksmith, security and safety needs. TopLock locksmiths carry the Master Locksmiths Professional Guarantee.
Our services include:
- window locks
- flyscreen locks
- gate locks
- break-in repairs
- patio bolts
- key cutting
- letter box keys
Contact TopLock today for a quote or to speak to a professional locksmith.