If you have lost your car keys or locked them in the car, a 24/7 TopLock’s mobile automotive locksmith service is just what you need.
Most modern vehicles have transponder keys, which contain a chip corresponding to the vehicle’s Engine Control Unit (ECU). Using diagnostic equipment attached to the ECU, TopLock’s mobile units are able to program a new key for your vehicle on the spot. We can also help you if your key has become bent or broken in your ignition.
TopLock offers mobile automotive services throughout Melbourne and suburban regions. Our dedication to professionalism and client satisfaction will have you back in your car and on your way in no time!
Securing your workplace and protecting your business!
Inadequate security in your place of business may lead to property damage or loss of product if intruders were to break-in.
You can take certain measures to reduce this risk:
- Ensure doors are solid enough to prevent break-ins.
- Check all locks and bolts are in good working order.
- Check window frames and grilles for deterioration.
- Ensure alarm and surveillance systems are well maintained.
- Invest in a fire-rated safe for storing valuable items.
- Keep an updated list of all equipment on the premises at all times.
- Keep adequate records of the location of all keys at all times by a well-administered key handling system. If keys are not returned your system should notify you immediately.
It is also important to provide a safe and healthy working environment for your employees. To increase safety in your business:
- Comply with all BCA regulations regarding construction materials and safety glass.
- Provide adequate training for staff with regards to entering and exiting the building during work hours and after hours and procedures for fire safety.
- Mark all electronic equipment kept on the premises.
TopLock Locksmiths offer a range of services for your commercial locksmith and security needs. These include:
- Security and fire safety audits and advice to ensure compliance with regulations.
- Fire-compliant lock systems that are high security and fit fire regulation standards, as well as fire-rated escape.
- Restricted Master Key Systems custom-designed to suit your business.
- High-security door locks, levers, handles and locking systems for all types of commercial building.
- External and internal door opening and closing systems.
- Door blocker plates.
- Roller door and gate locks.
- Heavy duty padlocks.
- Fire-rated safes, servicing and combination changes.
- Servicing and repairs on all types of locks.
- Rekeying services.
- Supply of commercial cabinets for housing of keys.
- CCTV, surveillance cameras, security alarm systems, and custom-made window grilles.
- Access Control to buildings including swipe cards and pin-pads and intercoms.
Call or email TopLock Locksmiths today to discuss your commercial locksmith, security and safety requirements with a professional.
Deadbolts or deadlocks are locking mechanisms which allow opening only through rotation of a lock cylinder. In this way they differ from the more regular lock and key mechanisms which operate with a spring to hold the bolt in place. Deadlocks make entry into a building more difficult without the right key in your possession.
Some types of deadlocks include:
- Single cylinder – these have a key on one side and a turning doorknob on the other.
- Double cylinder – these operate with a key on both sides and usually no turning knob.
- Vertical deadbolts – which resist the ability to pry open a door.
Ways in which deadlocks can improve your security:
- Deadlocks make it more difficult to open a door as you need the right key to do so.
- It is more difficult to use force on the door than with a spring-bolted door. The door itself would need to be removed, probably by removing the hinges.
- It is far easier for a burglar to pick a spring lock.
- The door can only be locked when fully closed, and so you are not able to accidentally engage the locking mechanism when the door is slightly open.
- Double-cylinder deadlocks need a key on either side which prevents someone reaching in through a window and twisting a doorknob.
With double-cylinder deadlocks it is important however to consider safety, such as having quick access to a key in the case of fire. It is also important not to find yourself locked in your house! A way around these problems is to have a key available always near the keyhole, perhaps on a hook, or to only engage the deadlock when the house is empty.
However there is not much point in having deadlocks on doors if easy entry can be gained through windows, either through sliding them off their tracks or breaking the glass. Ways around this include installing tempered laminated glass, and/or various locking devices for windows such as sliding window locks, window latches, patio door locks requiring a key, patio door pins, or track-grips for sliding windows. For sliding doors, you can install deadlocks or a reinforced strike-plate.
For added home security, consider using padlocks on gates and sheds, motion detectors and monitored alarms, and purchasing a safe for locking up your precious items and cash if you have any in the house. For your business, consider who has access to your premises, and whether you have a record of all the people with keys to the building, including past employees. You can add layers of security with access control through pin pads or swipe cards and electronic locks on doors.
TOPLOCK Locksmiths are professional locksmiths who operate within Melbourne and its suburbs to a 30km distance from the city centre. TOPLOCK are able to visit your premises and provide advice on security needs as well as install and repair locks and alarms, and install surveillance systems and CCTV’s for businesses.
Some of TOPLOCK’S services include:
- High quality locks for doors, garages, windows, sheds and gates.
- Latches and locks for internal doors.
- Rekeying – a service that involves altering locks so that they work on the same key.
- Lock and alarm repairs and maintenance.
- Restricted key systems which allow you to control who has access to your building or property.
All of TOPLOCK’S work carries the Master Locksmith Professional Guarantee. TOPLOCK also have a 24/7 emergency number in case of car, house or business lockouts, or if you find yourself ‘deadlocked’ inside the house with no key! Contact TOPLOCK Locksmiths for a free quote or to discuss your security concerns or needs with an expert.
Security tips for your home
Your home is always at risk of attracting burglars and unwanted intruders. Installing security systems, deadbolts and window locks are all strong deterrents, however there are simple actions you can take to ensure your home stays safe and secure.
- Reduce temptation by removing valuables from anywhere they can be seen from the outside.
- Be cautious when allowing people into your home as it may give them the opportunity to scan your possessions and level of security.
- If you are talking to friends about your possessions be careful who is listening.
Secure your home to prevent intruders
- Install a good alarm system and display it’s presence with a sign or sticker.
- Thieves are less likely to try and enter a house with an alarm in place.
- Invest in bright outside lighting and sensor lights.
- A motion detector is a great way to detect a quiet, would-be burglar
- Ensure deadbolts or deadlocks are on all doors and locks or bars on windows.
- Use padlocks on your gates and sheds
- Display a ‘Beware of Dog’ sticker, even if you don’t have a dog
Ensure your garden is maintained; an overgrown garden is a great place for thieves to hide if you go away:
- Ask a trusted neighbour or friend to empty your letterbox, bring in your bins and keep an eye on your place.
- Install a timer to automatically switch on your inside lights and a radio.
- Consider asking a friend to house-sit or make use of a reputable house-sitting service.
TopLock is the key to your security!
It’s a good idea to have a reputable company to handle your locksmith, security and safety needs. TopLock locksmiths carry the Master Locksmiths Professional Guarantee.
Our services include:
- window locks
- flyscreen locks
- gate locks
- break-in repairs
- patio bolts
- key cutting
- letter box keys
Contact TopLock today for a quote or to speak to a professional locksmith.
ELECTRONIC SECURITY SYSTEMS
Our highest priority is the safety and security of your home and business.
We offer advice and install the latest in security systems to homes and businesses across Melbourne.
Alarms offer peace of mind to all home and business owners and are a requirement for insurance purposes.
Small cameras and sensors (CCTV ) can be discreetly positioned around your home. While large cameras strategically positioned in the office, warehouse and car park are available for commercial premises. You can access the CCTV images anytime you like from your computer or iPhone anywhere in the world.
- Pin pads
- Swipe cards
- Electronic door openers
- Magnetic locks
Control who you want to enter your property.
Network Cata Cabling
Using popular brands like Bosch, Ness, DSE and Dasnex; we can also service and repair your existing security systems.
Let’s say that for security reasons you want to replace some of your locks. Did you know that it is possible to alter your existing locks to fit a key you already have or new key? This process is called ‘rekeying’ and it involves changing the ‘tumblers’ of a lock cylinder with a different combination of tumblers.
You might want to rekey your locks because you would prefer some or all of your locks to be opened with the same key, or because you have lost a key. Other reasons include moving house or place of business in Melbourne and not wanting the bother and expense of replacing all the existing locks, and being concerned about past owners or tenants having access to your property. You also may prefer to have only one or two keys in your possession instead of a large heavy bunch to carry around, and then try to figure out which key fits in which keyhole!
Rekeying requires the ability to understand how lock mechanisms work and to use fine tools in the process. It is far better to have a trained expert rekey your locks than to try to do it yourself. Rekeying is a service offered by many locksmiths and costs less than replacing all your existing locks.
Other services offered by locksmith businesses include:
- Installation of various types of locks for external and internal doors, including deadlocks and dead-latches and traditional
- Security alarm systems and motion detector units.
- Locks for windows, sliding doors and flywire doors such as sliding window locks and latches, keyed patio locks, patio door bars
- Locking devices for garages, sheds and gates.
- Repairs to existing locks and lock replacements.
- Key-cutting service for key duplication.
- Call-out emergency services for when you are locked out of your house.
- Safes with combination locks for locking up of valuable items.
- High-security locking systems to suit many types of commercial building.
- Door opening and closing systems, and door blocker plates.
- High-grade padlocks and gate locks, and roller-door locks.
- CCTV, surveillance and alarm systems.
- Access Control systems so that only authorised personnel may enter certain areas and intercoms.
- Restricted Master Key systems, which allow the business owner to control who has keys to which areas, and duplication of keys
- Fire-rated safes with combination locks, for housing of cash, confidential and valuable items.
- Fire-compliant locking and escape handle systems.
- Quick emergency response calls for lockouts.
only to occur with their written authorisation.
- Emergency call system for when you are locked out of your vehicle.
- Key duplication either through key-cutting service, or by programming a blank transponder key for your car.
TOPLOCK Locksmiths are able to provide rekeying of your locks, as well as the above services. They are also able to perform security and fire safety audits of your business, and offer advice on security for your home. TOPLOCK’S commercial locksmith services can be used for many types of premises including hotels, hospitals, shops, office blocks, government buildings, clubhouses or schools.
TOPLOCK’S fast emergency call-out service means you can get the help you need any time of the day or night if you can’t find your key and you are locked out of your home, or because the lock is damaged or your key has broken off in the lock. TOPLOCK will be able to help get back into your building or car within an hour of your call, in Melbourne or up to a 30km distance from the Melbourne CBD.
Contact TOPLOCK today for rekeying or other locksmith and security needs.
SECURING YOUR PROPERTY
WHO HAS ACCESS TO YOUR PROPERTY???
Rekeying your home or business and installing deadlocks is more important than you may think! Watch the videos below to find out how you can secure your home or business.
Rekey your locks—PLAY the video below to find out why
When you move house or business, do you know who still has keys to your locks? Any past owners or tenants might have access to your property if you don’t change the existing locks. Do you carry around multiple keys to access the one premises? How much easier would it be to use the same key for every lock?
The most cost-effective way of securing your property or ensuring you don’t carry multiple unnecessary keys is by rekeying your locks. Rekeying is the process of removing your existing locks and changing the ‘tumblers’ of a lock cylinder with a different combination of tumblers. This is quicker and cheaper than replacing all existing locks
Toplock locksmiths can provide rekying of all of your locks 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Are you 100% insured?—PLAY the video below to find out how important deadlocks are to your property…and your insurance.
Did you know most insurance companies require you to have deadlocks on your doors and windows to get full cover? Deadbolts or deadlocks are locking mechanisms which allow opening only through rotation of a lock cylinder which make them different from the more regular lock and key mechanisms which operate with a spring to hold the bolt in place.
Deadlocks make entry into a building more difficult without the right key in your possession as you’d need to use more force to break-in as the door itself would need to be removed from the frame. Visual deadlocks on all your external doors and windows will make a potential intruder think twice!
Secure your property today by calling Toplock Locksmiths on 1300 679 979, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. All Toplock vans are fully equipped to secure your residence or building today.
TopLock Locksmiths are Melbourne’s emergency lockout specialists for all your locksmith and security needs. We operate 24/7, 365 days a year.
With TopLock’s FREE easy to use iPhone and Android apps we’ll have you back inside your property or vehicle within an hour of your call. Simply download the free app from iTunes or the Android Market and press to call if you are locked out of your home, car or business. It’s that easy!
Click the App Store or Android button above to download our FREE app today!