These five tips were published in the November issue of Men’s Health Magazine. Here’s a scan and and a summary in case you missed this issue!
- Dead bolts are good for making it difficult for burglars to enter or exit the property with bigger items.
- Basic alarm systems limit the time the intruder can spend on your premises before authorities can arrive.
- You can now get alarms that are pet friendly and won’t be activated when your pets are in the house.
- Trees and shrubs can be good hiding spots for burglars.
- Don’t leave tools or ladders outside to assist burglars with their entry.
- Don’t leave packaging of new items like your big new TV in plain view, it could invite people to come and steal it.
- Leave some sneakers at the door and the radio on it make it seem like someone is home, this will make burglars less likely to enter.